Preparation: 1 hourIngredients:
200g Large peeled Camaroes (prawns)
300g Plain flour
200 g bread crumbs
1Table spoon butter
1 Table spoon Salt
25g Fresh Parsley
1/2 Red sweet pepper
2 Garlic cloves
1 tsp paprika
200ml Olive oil
- To a large bowl, add 2 cups of flour (250g), 1 table spoon salt and butter and mix well by hand.
- Add 4 table spoons of warm water and keep mixing.
- If to dry after mixing for 2 minutes, add another 3 table spoons of warm water.
- Keep folding and massaging mixture until it forms a dough consistency.
- Cover the bowl and leave to rest in a dark cupboard.
- Meanwhile make the filling sauce.
- Peel and chop onions, garlic, and prawns finely.
- Stir fry on high heat until onions soften.
- Add paprika, chopped pepper, parsley, milk and 1 table spoon flour.
- Mix well turn heat down to medium high.
- Regularly stir for about 10 minutes, add more milk if sauce dries out to quickly.
- Season with pepper and take off the heat, allowing sauce to cool down.
- Onto a clean flat surface, dust with flour.
- Roll half of the dough as thin as possible (3mm).
- Cut circles (15cm diameter). Roll remaining dough and cut circle until dough runs out.
- Lightly brush around circles with olive oil (this will help seal).
- Add 1 table spoon in middle of each circle and fold in half.
- With a fork press the end to seal the pastry.
- Beat 2 eggs and in a separate plate have bread crumbs ready.
- Dip each parcel into egg, then cover with bread crumbs.
- Repeat until all parcels are ready to fry.
- Add 200ml olive oil to frying pan on high heat.
- Fry parcels 30 seconds on each side (about 5 parcels at the time to make it easier to remove quickly from high heat without overcooking it).
- Serve hot with rice or chips.
Also delicious as a cold snack with bread. This recipe makes aprox. 15 parcel prawn fish cakes, these can be made in advance and kept in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
If freezing, do not dip in egg and breadcrumbs. Once sealed, parcels can be placed in closed container and put in the freezer.
These fish cakes can be prepared in advance. A great snack or picnic recipe suggestion.
Fish has lots nutritional health benefits. From protecting the heart to boosting memory.