Preparation: 8 minutesIngredients:
200g Fresh Scallops
50 ml Coconut milk
4 Table spoons of white wine
1 Sweet red pepper
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Garlic clove
1 Chili (medium strength)
1 Bay leaf
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp curry powder
Salt and Pepper
- Marinate scallops with wine, turmeric, paprika, curry powder finely chopped garlic and de-seeded chili and sweet pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bay leaf, 1 table spoon of olive oil and chopped onion to a pre-heated pan and stir until soften.
- Stir in gently the marinated scallops for 30 seconds on high heat and then pour the same wine used for marinating .
- Add 100 ml water and stir.
- Allow the sauce to reduce and add coconut milk. Turn heat down and stir regularly for 2 minutes.
- Serve with green salad.
You may wish to check the strength of chili before cooking this curry recipe. If you prefer extra heat, you can also use chili seeds.
After eating curry, you can refresh your pallet by eating a spoon of yogurt before having your next drink!
Looking for something to munch on, try out Prawn Stir Fry With Mash Potato.